- Herringbone wool, 6”x12”
- Plaid tweed, 3”x8”
- Felt scraps: tan, off-white, gold, green
- Fairfield Soft Touch Polyfil
- Embroidery floss: brown, red
- Gold cording, 6” length
- Sewing machine and thread
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac
- scissors, pins, needles, fabric marker
Pattern - Holiday Owl
- 1. All seams are 1/4" and stitched with right sides facing unless otherwise noted.
- 1. Print out patterns.
- 2. Pin eyes, feet and chest in place on right side of body front. Adhere with fabric glue.
- 3. With two strands brown floss and running stitch, stitch line down center of chest. Stitch second line approximately 3/8" to left of center and another 3/8" to left of second line. Repeat to create two lines on right of center.
- 4. With six strands brown floss, stitch French Knot "pupil" on left eye. Repeat for other eye.
- 5. Adhere beak and leaves with fabric glue.
- 6. With six strands red floss, stitch three French Knots into "berries" near leaves.
- 7. Pin two wing pieces together and stitch along curved edge, leaving straight edge free to turn. Trim and clip seam allowance. Turn right side out. Repeat for remaining wing.
- 8. Pin one wing to left front, having tip of wing facing up and raw edges aligned. Baste in place. Repeat for remaining wing.
- 9. With right sides facing, pin and stitch front and back body pieces together, keeping feet and wings free and leaving opening at base. Trim and clip seam allowance. Turn right side out.
- 10. Lightly stuff owl with polyfil. Stitch opening closed.
- 11. Attach gold cording on center top for hanging.
- 1. Use coordinating calico prints for a different look that can be displayed in your home all year long. Increase size of patterns to make accent pillows or hang owls in a row along a shelf ledge.