Pattern - Extravorganza Stenciled Stocking
- 1. Print out patterns. Use fabric marking pen to trace stocking shape on doubled red broadcloth. For band, trace top 5" of stocking on doubled white broadcloth. Cut out shapes, cutting bottom part of band into straight line. Use iron and pressing surface to press 1/2" seams on bottom and top of white band.
- 2. Thread sewing machine with white thread and sew bottom and top part of seams together. With right sides facing in, sew back and front of band together. Turn right side out and press seams.
- 3. Size downloaded or scanned script image to 6"x8." Follow manufacturer's instructions to print onto inkjet organza. Peel off backing and trim to 5"x7". Use thread of choice to sew image onto front of band. Set band aside.
- 4. With right sides facing in, sew stocking front and back together using 1/2" seam allowance. Press seams open and turn right sides out. Use fabric glue to temporarily glue band onto top of stocking. Allow to dry and secure to stocking with sewing machine and thread by sewing sides of band onto sides of stocking.
- 5. Insert several folded paper towels into stocking. Use damask pattern on fancy frames template and Metallic Silver paint to create repeating pattern on front of stocking. Let dry.
- 6. Use sewing needle and red thread to sew vintage buttons onto center of pattern. Fold ribbon over for hanger and sew onto top of stocking with white thread.