Pattern - Country Pillow Sham
- 1. For pillow form, machine stitch two 11"x18" muslin pieces together with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving 3" opening. Clip corners; turn right side out. Stuff with fiberfill; close opening by hand or machine stitch.
- 2. For sham front, with 1/2" seam allowance, machine stitch borders to front center panel in following order: 3-1/2"x6" on bottom; 3-1/2"x15-1/2" on left side; 3-1/2"x8-1/2" on top; 3-1/2"x18" on right side.
- 3. Print out patterns. For appliqués, follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse iron-on adhesive onto fabric scraps. Cut patterns from fused fabric.
- 4. Position appliqués on center panel, overlapping birdhouse roof over house base. Fuse appliqués on center panel. Sew around each appliqué with one strand black floss using small straight stitches. Embroider crow's legs and feet and birdhouse roof peak with one strand black floss using backstitch. Use one strand white floss to make French Knot for crow's eye. Sew on black button for birdhouse opening.
- 5. For sham backing, on backing piece, turn edges under 1/4" and another 1/2", along each 11"-long edge. Machine stitch hems. With right sides facing up, overlap two hemmed backing pieces to measure 11"x18". Position sham front piece, right side down, on top of backing piece. With right sides together, machine stitch around all four sides using 1/2" seam allowance. Diagonally clip corners; trim seams to 1/4". Turn sham right side out; insert pillow form.