National Nonwovens WoolFelt, 1/4 yd. each: Cottage Red, White
Michael Miller Black Old Script Fabric, 1/4 yd.
W R Memory Keepers Vintage Ledger paper, 8-1/2”x11”, two
Ranger Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paperie Symphony Tissue Tape
Assorted vintage buttons, faux rhinestones, faux pearl
Adhesive-back rhinestone rows
Saw tooth hanger
Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Dies: Flower Layers and Bigz L Die Borders, Zig Zag & Wave
DecoArt Americana Bahama Blue Acrylic Paint
Jacquard Products Turquoise iDye for Natural Fabrics
Royal & Langnickel Patriotic Sentiments E-Z Rub-On Transfers
Aleene’s: Fabric Fusion, Liquid Fusion, Original Tacky Glue
disposable gloves, gallon plastic bag, scissors, pair of old kitchen tongs, old towel, iron and pressing surface, sewing machine and thread, needle and thread, paintbrush, handsaw, pencil, toothpicks
1. Tear muslin into long strips 4"-wide. Remove excess strings and set aside. Wearing latex gloves, run hot tap water and place four cups into gallon-sized plastic bag. Open Turquoise dye package and insert into bag creating dye bath. Gently swish packet around using long pair of tongs to thoroughly dissolve. Place one strip of muslin into dye bath to test intensity of color. If color is too intense, remove strip and drain 1/4 of dye bath, replacing it with one cup water. Test color again and keep repeating until the desired intensity is reached. (Note: Wet fabric will appear darker than dry fabric.) When dye intensity is achieved, follow manufacturer's instructions to dye muslin strips in Turquoise dye.
2. Drain dye bath and rinse out excess dye until water runs clear. Place dyed strips into old towel and squeeze to remove excess water. Hang dyed strips to dry. When dry, use ironing board on steam setting to remove wrinkles.
3. Use pencil to trace disc two times on Vintage Ledger paper; cut out circles using scissors. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply Patriotic Sentiments rub-ons onto center of one paper circle. Adhere paper circles to front and back of disc using Original Tacky Glue. Smooth edges with fingers. Tear 8" lengths of Symphony paper tape and line edges of disc, overlapping ends. Press adhesive-back rhinestone rows above and below sentiments.
4. Paint dowel Bahama Blue. Let dry. Use handsaw to cut dowel into two 6" lengths. Insert dowel lengths through top and bottom of disc. Remove dowels; spot glue ends using Original Tacky Glue and adhere. Attach dowel lengths to center of wreath by repeating process, piercing holes at top and bottom center of wreath.
5. Apply Fabric Fusion on one end of Turquoise muslin strip. Adhere strip to wreath; wrap around wreath, overlapping ends. Continue wrapping dyed strips until wreath is completely covered, working around dowel rods in center of wreath. Adhere ends.
6. For dimensional Cottage Red and White WoolFelt flowers, follow manufacturer's instructions to form flowers using sewing machine and needle and thread. Refer to photo for placement.
7. Die cut flat red/white layered flowers from Cottage Red and White Woolfelt using Flower Layers die. Die cut large fabric flower from Black Old Script fabric and Cottage Red WoolFelt using Borders, Zig Zag & Wave die. Adhere layers together using Fabric Fusion. Use Liquid Fusion to adhere rhinestones or pearls on flower centers. Adhere flowers on wreath using Fabric Flue. Let dry completely before hanging.
8. To hang, adhere saw tooth hanger to back of wreath using Original Tacky Glue.