Towel Gift Set
Towel Gift Set
- Cotton or cotton-blend fabrics of choice
- Coordinating ribbon, silk flower and buttons
- Sizzix items (Ellison): BIGkick or Big Shot Machine; Bigz Dies: Frame Back: Ornate #3; Ornate #4; Ornate #8; Phrase: Enjoy; Hello; Hugs; Bigz Pro Die: Box, Match; Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die: Dots & Scallops; Adhesive Sheet Packs, 12"x12", 10 sheets
- Fusible web
- Sewing machine and matching threads
- Sewing needle
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. For fabric strips, cut 4"-wide strip by width of dishtowel, adding 1". Turn under edges 1/2" along all four sides; press. Pin strip onto towel 2" from bottom. Stitch around entire fabric strip, close to edges.
- 2. For ruffled towel, follow Step 1, except do not stitch onto towel until ruffle is completed. To make ruffle, rear one side of a fabric strip. Cut other side so ruffle is 2" high. Fabric strip should be double the width of the towel. Turn under short raw ends and tack in place. Gather cut edge of ruffle by sewing two rows of gathering stitches 1/4" apart. Pull up stitches until strip fits onto towel. Pin ruffle to fabric strip and attach and pin entire fabric strip to towel 2" from bottom. Sew in place.
- 3. For ribbon trim, cut ribbon to same width as towel, adding 1". Fold raw edges under 1/2"; press. Pin and sew ribbon to towel.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply fusible web to back of fabrics. Die cut frames and phrases from fused fabric. Remove backing from fabrics and adhere to towel as shown. Blanket stitch or straight stitch around appliqué edges.
- 5. Die cut box from paper. Assemble and glue box. Apply adhesive to paper. Die cut several pieces of adhesive-backed paper from decorative strip. Adhere to box.
- 6. Roll up towels and place inside box. Tie ribbon bow around box. Embellish with flower and buttons.