Pattern - Spring Patchwork Pockets
- 1. Print out pattern. Trace and cut tag and pocket from felt.
- 2. Following manufacturer's instructions, apply fusible webbing to each side of tag and pocket.
- 3. Apply patchwork strips randomly onto sticky fusible webbing, covering fabric completely. Cover with parchment paper; press with iron. Repeat using solid piece of fabric on remaining side of tag. Using zig-zag stitch, machine stitch all raw edges and randomly across fabric.
- 4. Cut chick and egg patterns from pink and yellow felt. Use straight stitch to secure designs to each cream felt piece using needle and thread. Apply French Knots to egg using six strands embroidery floss. Create eye on chick with French Knot using six strands embroidery floss.
- 5. Machine stitch one cream felt square onto front of each patchwork pocket. Position pocket onto front of tag. Machine zig-zag stitch around outer edge of each tag, securing pocket to tag.
- 6. Create greetings on computer and print onto cream cardstock. Punch greeting with tag punch. Apply tea color ink to edges of tags. Adhere rick rack on bottom of felt tag using fabric glue. Attach button onto top of felt tag. Tie greeting around button with narrow lace.
- 7. Fill organza bags with treats and place into pockets.