Assorted embellishments of choice such as bits or trims, small bits of greenery, jeweled and other sparkly embellishments
Patterned paper or cardstock scraps
PLACEMAT and VASE:
BigShot Machine (Sizzix)
Dies (Sizzix): Serif Essentials; Holly and Berries
Aleene's Fabric Fusion (iLoveToCreate)
Sewing machine and matching thread
Iron and pressing board
Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Antique Green; Olive Green; Alizarin Crimson
Rubber stamps: small holiday words or images of choice
Black pigment ink
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
scissors, rubber bands
Placemat and Vase
1. Using 1/2" seam allowance, cut 13"x19" and 6"x19" rectangles from ticking fabric, 5"x19" rectangle from red print fabric and 2"x19" rectangle from green print fabric. Press and pin pieces as needed. Position front pieces as shown and machine sew seams together. Set aside large ticking rectangle for back of placemat.
2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse wool felt to webbing. With paper backing facing up, die cut "Noel" letters and one set of holly and berries, using green for leaves and red for berries. Fuse pieces in place as shown.
3. Use two strands metallic thread to backstitch center of letters by pulling first stitch from back to front of placemat. Use three strands Garnet to blanket stitch berries and three strands Olive Green to blanket stitch leaves.
4. Cut a 13"x19" rectangle from interfacing and fuse to back of placemat piece. Machine sew front and back pieces together.
5. For vase, follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse a 5"x6-1/2" ticking fabric rectangle and Cottage Red and Moss Green felt to webbing. Cut 4-3/4"x6" rectangle from red print fabric. Cut 4"x5" rectangle from fused ticking fabric. With paper backing facing up, due cut one set of holly and berries from Cottage Red and Moss Green felt. Use iron and pressing surface to fuse pieces in place as shown, fusing red ticking to red patterned piece. Cut 4-3/4"x6" rectangle from interfacing and fuse to back of piece. Trim edges with scallop-edge scissors.
6. Use three strands Garnet floss to blanket stitch berries and three strands Olive Green floss to blanket stitch leaves. Use Black floss to backstitch edges of ticking fabric.
1. Use craft knife to cut 2" square with 1-1/2" center opening from foam.
Napkin Rings in Cup
2. Paint foam piece and wooden square Antique Green. Dry brush foam piece with Olive Green. Paint napkin ring Alizarin Crimson.
3. When dry, arrange and glue pieces as follows. Glue foam to wooden square by placing glue on backside and placing over square. Stamp words or images on paper or cardstock scraps and cut out. Arrange in center opening and glue embellishments as desired.
4. Glue glass slide to front of foam frame by carefully placing glue on sides of foam. Cover glued lines with self-adhesive stone rows so glue is not visible from front. Glue glass slide to napkin ring and place on side until dry. Cut fabric tape to fit around napkin ring and adhere.