Pattern - Farmhouse Chic Table Runner
Pattern - Farmhouse Chic Table Runner Chart
- 1. Following the charts, cross-stitch one leaf design in center of each piece of Aida cloth. Trim each piece to a 3-1/2" square with design centered.
- 2. Print out pattern. Cut fabrics as follows: use patterns to cut triangles from striped fabric, cut 17"x41" rectangle for backing and three 3-1/2" squares each from backing fabric and remaining seven fabrics (total 24). Use fabric marker and ruler to transfer stitching lines on triangles.
- 3. Refer to sample for suggested layout options and assemble top as diagrammed.
- 4. Place backing fabric right side down. Center and layer batting over backing. Center and layer pieced top (right side up) over the batting. Baste the layers together using a large diagonal stitch (this will be removed later).
- 5. Working from center toward the edges, machine quilt along the lines marked on the triangles.
- 6. Machine stitch 1/4" away from the center (cross-stitched) square and 1/4" from the edge of the patchwork square.
- 7. Trim batting to the size of the pieced top. Measure and mark the backing to be 1" larger than the top on all sides.
- 8. Bring the edges of the backing toward the top, folding under the edges and mitering the corners to create a border approximately 3/8"-wide. Blind stitch in place to secure.
- 9. Remove the basting stitches and lightly press. Sew small bone rings at top of back to hang, if desired.
- 1. All seams are 1/4" and are stitched with right sides facing, unless otherwise noted. Separate the floss and use two strands to cross-stitch and one strand to outline.