Pattern - Chick & Egg Hoop Art
- 1. Separate hoops and use paintbrush to paint Dark Chocolate. Let dry.
- 2. Print out pattern. Trace chicks and eggs with fabric pen on wrong side of print fabric.
- 3. Cut one 12" square and one 10" square from burlap. Pin chicks and eggs on burlap.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse 3"x4" print and 3"x4" plain fabric scraps. Measure and cut one strip to 2-1/2"x3/4". Cut one white cotton strip to 2"x1/2". Cut one print fabric strip to 2-1/4"x1-3/4" and one white cotton strip to 2"x1-3/4".
- 5. Ink alphabet stamps with black pigment ink and stamp sentiments on white strips. Peel off paper backing and fuse into place on printed fabric strip. Fuse printed fabric strip onto burlap as shown.
- 6. With sewing machine and thread, sew chicks in place on burlap with zigzag stitch, leaving the bottom open for stuffing. Lightly stuff with polyfil stuffing and sew opening closed. Machine sew straight stitch for chick legs. Sew eggs in place using zigzag stitch and lightly stuff. Sew edges of fabric strips with straight stitch approximately 1/4" from edge. Hand sew beads (for eyes) on chicks using needle and thread.
- 7. Carefully apply glue on inside edge of outer ring of hoop. Insert burlap between hoops. Wipe away excess glue with paper towel. Tighten screw and straighten burlap, centering design in place.