Jacquard Tee Juice Fabric Pens: Purple, Brown, Black, Red, Green
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, clothespins, toothpick
1. Refer to photo for usage of felt and fabric pen colors.
1. For puppet bodies, measure and cut 2"x2-1/2" felt rectangles. Wrap and adhere rectangles around fingers on glove; use clothespins to hold in place while drying.
2. Using photo as guide, free-hand cut faces, ears, arms, claws, and boy's crown from felt. Adhere felt pieces on bodies.
3. Adhere pom-poms (noses) and wiggle eyes on faces. Let dry. (Note: Use toothpick to help dab glue on small pieces.)
4. Use fabric pens to add details on claws, hair, faces, and bodies.
5. For grass, measure and cut 3"x5" green felt oval. Fringe edges of oval. Cut oval in half. Use Green fabric pen to add details on grass. Adhere grass onto bottom of glove covering puppet bodies. Let dry.
1. Check out the book, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak, for inspiration when designing puppets!