- White t-shirt
- Felt, 9"x11": green, brown
- Burlap, scrap
- Embroidery floss: green, brown
- DecoArt Americana: Raw Umber Acrylic Paint; Fabric Painting Medium
- Foam alphabet stamps
- Embroidery needle
- Aleene's Fashion Fusion
- scissors, ruler, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. For tree, draw and cut 5" circle from green felt and 5" tree trunk from brown felt. For branch, draw and cut five 3" teardrop shapes from green felt and 1/8"x5" strip from brown felt. Glue tree or branch on shirt.
- 2. For "RECYCLE" shirt, measure and cut 2"x2-3/4" rectangle from burlap. Glue burlap rectangle on shirt.
- 3. On covered work surface, follow manufacturer's instructions to mix fabric painting medium with Raw Umber paint. Press alphabet stamps into paint; stamp "RECYCLE" or "the future is green" on shirt. Let dry.
- 4. Thread needle with brown thread. Stitch around edges of tree trunk or branch. Knot ends on inside of shirt. Thread needle with green thread. Stitch around edges of tree top or leaves. Knot ends on inside of shirt.