- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Black Plum, Burnt Sienna, Buttermilk, Camel, Cherry Red, Deep Teal, Golden Straw, Grey Sky, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser Light Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk, Midnite Blue, Napa Red, Ocean Blue, Raw Umber, Snow (Titanium) White, True Blue
- Royal & Langnickel Aqualon: Round, Series 2250, #1, #3; Liner, Series R2595, #10/0; Shader, Series R2150, #4, #8, #12; Angular, Series R2160, 1/4”
- Tailgate Gear Green Over-Sized Armchair found at Dicks Sporting Goods or folding canvas chair of choice (canvas back must be removable from frame)
- Clear wide sealing tape or contact paper
- Black micron pen, .08
- Steam iron
- 1. Use screwdriver to unfasten screws; remove canvas back/seat from frame. Set screws and frame aside. Lay seat back over one bath towel; place other towel over top sandwiching seat back between. Use steam iron and medium setting to slowly and constantly move iron over design area removing major wrinkles. (Note: Be careful not to overheat canvas.)
- 2. Apply sealing tape over pattern to avoid tearing when transferring patterns. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use #4 shader, #1 round and Camel to base letters; use angular and Burnt Sienna to shade, and use #1 round and Buttermilk to stroke highlights. Dry. Use micron pen to carefully outline letters; use damp shader to immediately remove inking errors.
- 1. Work from left to right.
- 2. Lure #1: Base blue area True Blue; shade Midnite Blue and dry brush Ocean Blue highlights. Use Golden Straw to base yellow areas; use sheer Burnt Sienna to shade and dry brush Snow White highlight. Paint eye Hauser Lt. Green. Paint pupil Lamp Black; add tiny Snow White highlight dot. Base mouth plate Grey Sky; while wet, shade Lamp Black. Highlight Snow White.
- 3. Lure #2: Base bobber Napa Red; shade Black Plum and dry brush Cherry Red highlight in center. Use Lt. Buttermilk to base stripe and poles; shade Raw Umber and dry brush Snow White highlights. Use Lamp Black to paint pole hole.
- 4. Lure #3: Base body and fly Burnt Sienna; shade Raw Umber and use mix of Burnt Sienna + Camel (1:1) to dry brush highlight in center. Use touch of Camel to dry brush stronger highlight. Add Raw Umber stripe on body. Paint eye Golden Straw. Paint pupil Lamp Black; add tiny Snow White highlight dot.
- 5. Use liner and Midnite Blue to stroke dark feathers; add True Blue medium value feathers. Add Ocean Blue highlights. Use brush mix of Ocean Blue and Snow White to stroke lightest feathers.
- 6. Lure #4: Base body Deep Teal; highlight Hauser Lt. Green along left side and shade narrow Lamp Black band along right side. Use liner to add Lamp Black spots. Dry brush strong Snow White highlight. Paint eye Golden Straw. Paint pupil Lamp Black; add Snow White highlight comma stroke.
- 7. Lure #5: Base body Golden Straw; while wet, base head Burnt Sienna blending into body. Paint narrow Burnt Sienna strip along right side of body; add markings. Float Burnt Sienna along right side of body. Use Raw Umber to float head and left side of body. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk highlights on head and body. Paint eye Golden Straw. Paint pupil Lamp Black; add tiny Snow White highlight dot. Use micron pen to outline body and head.
- 8. Lure #6: Use #1 round and Napa Red to base red beads; while wet, shade Black Plum and dry brush Cherry Red highlight in center. Use dirty brush and touch of Camel to enhance highlight. Base blue beads True Blue; while wet, shade Ocean Blue and highlight center Ocean Blue. Use dirty brush and touch of Snow White to enhance highlight.
- 9. Use liner and Burnt Sienna to paint darkest feathers on right side of fly. Use dirty brush and Golden Straw to paint middle value feathers, then use Buttermilk to paint lightest feathers. Use Hauser Dk. Green to paint darkest feathers on left side of fly. Use Hauser Lt. Green to paint middle value feathers. Use dirty brush and Snow White to paint lightest feathers.
- 10. Lure #7: Base head Napa Red; shade Black Plum and highlight center Cherry Red. Base body Lt. Buttermilk; shade Golden Straw and use sheer Raw Umber to deepen. Dry brush Snow White highlights down center of body and head. Paint eye Lamp Black; while wet, use small amount of Snow White to highlight center of eye. Add tiny Snow White highlight dot.
- Hooks and Metal Fasteners
- 1. Use liner to base Lamp Black. Use dirty brush to blend Grey Sky middle value. Add Snow White highlights.
- Fishing Line
- 1. Use liner to base Midnite Blue; use dirty brush and True Blue to loosely dry brush highlight skipping over top. Use dirty brush, Ocean Blue and touch of Snow White to dry brush highlights.
- 1. Replace canvas on frame; screw in place.
by Linda Hollander