Lazy Days Of Summer
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique White, Avocado, Blue Haze, Country Red, Dark Chocolate, French Vanilla, Hauser Light Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Avocado, Raw Sienna, Rookwood Red, Uniform Blue, Warm White, Yellow Ochre
- Royal & Langnickel:Soft Grip Golden Taklon: Shader, Series SG150, #6, #10; Angular, Series SG160, 1/4", 1/2"; Glaze Wash, Series 700, 3/4"; Short Liner, Series SG595, #0; Script Liner, Series 585, #2
- Shortlength White Bristle Stencil, Series R1112, 3/8"
- Wood birdhouse available through Betty Bowers or cut from 1/2"-thick wood
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Wood Sealer
- Fishing line
- Wind chimes available through Cabin Crafters
- 1. Drill 1/8" hole in center top of roof and drill four holes along bottom of birdhouse spacing each 1-1/4" apart. Use fine-grit sandpaper to sand; wipe dust. Apply two sealer coats. Sand again and wipe dust.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer roof line. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 3. (Note: Base front and back of roof and house in respective colors) Use glaze wash brush to base roof Lamp Black and house Blue Haze.
- 1. Highlight roof Blue Haze. Shade Uniform Blue around edges of house and around flowers; use chisel edge of brush to lightly paint vertical panel lines, spacing each approximately 1/2" apart. Base birdhouse hole and peg Lamp Black. Highlight birdhouse hole Blue Haze.
- 1. Base leaves Lt. Avocado; shade Avocado and highlight Hauser Lt. Green. Base flower centers Raw Sienna; shade Rookwood Red. Deepen shading with Dk. Chocolate. Lightly stipple entire flower center Dk. Chocolate, then lightly stipple Antique White along top to highlight. Base pedals Yellow Ochre; shade Raw Sienna and highlight French Vanilla. Highlight pedal ends here and there with Warm White. Use liner to pull thinned Raw Sienna lines from base of pedals towards tips. Use stylus to add Dk. Chocolate dots in shaded area of flower center and to add Warm White dots in highlight area of flower center.
- 1. Base body Country Red; shade Rookwood Red. Use Lamp Black to base head, spots, antenna, legs and feet. Use Warm White to paint comma stroke eye. Paint "z's" Lamp Black.
- 1. Apply several light sealer coats, making sure to cover all areas for outdoor use.
- 2. Use fishing line as hanger for wind chime and to hang chimes from drilled holes.
by Betty Bowers