Celebrate Mom! Daisy Bouquet Pin
- Mini Rusty Tin Pockets (#11-RT8115) from Cupboard Distributing
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique Gold, Black Plum, Blue Haze, Buttermilk, Deep Burgundy, Green Mist, Raw Sienna, Snow (Titanium) White, True Red
- Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Jackie Shaw Liner, Series JS, #10/0, #2; Shader, Series 7300, #2, #4, #10; Angular Shader, Series 7400, 3/8", 1/2"
- DecoArt DuraClear Varnish, Matte
- Black Pigma Micron Marker, .05
- Pin back, 1"
- E6000 Permanent Adhesive
- Mini silk flowers or dried Sweet Annie herb
- 1. Remove wire hanger from pocket. Wipe pocket with damp cloth; let dry. Apply varnish over outer surface. Let dry.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- Artist's Tips
- 1. Use brushes that are most comfortable for you and that fit the area you are working in. If you are not sure, test brushes on palette. Use shaders to basecoat, angular shaders for shading and highlighting, and liner brushes for fine lines and small detailing. Thin paint with water for line work.
- 2. Refer to worksheet. (see photos)
- Daisy Bouquet Pocket
- 1. Base pocket Antique Gold; shade Raw Sienna along outer edges. Base leaves Blue Haze; brighten tips with tiny Green Mist strokes. Base petals Buttermilk; brighten some with Snow White overstroke. Base heart centers Deep Burgundy; brighten centers with True Red. Shade Raw Sienna on petals around hearts. Use tip of liner to dot Black Plum around hearts. Shade Raw Sienna again along bottom of background.
- 2. Base "XO" border Antique Gold; shade Raw Sienna along bottom edge of border. Use Deep Burgundy to paint "X's" and "O's".
- 3. Paint checked border alternately with thinned Antique Gold and thinned Deep Burgundy. Shade Raw Sienna along inside edge of yellow checks and shade Black Plum along inside edge of burgundy checks. Paint border stripe around inside edge of checks with thinned Buttermilk.
- 1. Apply two varnish coats over entire pockets leaving a bare spot on back for pin backs. Let dry. Use marker to outline details on bee design. Glue pin backs to back of pockets. Fill pockets with mini silk flowers or dried herb.
by Debra Henkener