Garden Welcome Sign
- Cut Corner Pre-Primed Sign (7"x16") from Western Metal Ware
- Plaid FolkArt: Artist's Pigments: Burnt Umber, Hauser Green Dark, Pure Black, Raw Sienna; Acrylics: Buttercream, Dark Hydrangea, Forest Moss, Magenta, Seamist
- Royal & Langnickel Majestic brushes: Script Liner, Series R4585, #10/0; Shader, Series R4150, #2, #4, #6, #8, #12; Glaze/Wash, Series R4700, 1"
- Plaid FolkArt Blending Gel Water-based varnish, matte
- 1. Apply two coats Seamist over surface.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- Painting Instructions
- 1. Refer to worksheet. (see photos)
- 1. Paint all vines with script brush and thinned brush mix of Raw Sienna and Burnt Umber. (Note: For finer lines, add a touch more water and use just tip of brush.) Highlight with thinned brush mix of Raw Sienna and Buttercream. Use thinned mix of Dk. Hydrangea + tch. of Buttercream to add accent color here and there.
- 2. Randomly add Hauser Green Dk. and Forest Moss one stroke leaves. Use handle end of round brush or stylus to randomly dot berries along vines with Magenta and with mix of Magenta + Buttercream (1:1).
- 1. Load #8 shader with blending gel; blot well. Load brush with brush mix of Burnt Umber and a touch of Raw Sienna. Base entire bird including beak. Add mid value color: load #4 and #6 shaders with small amount of blending gel, blot, then load with brush mix of Raw Sienna and a touch of Buttercream. (Note: Apply very small amount of paint at a time, reload brush, then blot, apply another scant amount of paint to add additional color.) Paint breast and abdomen with brush mix of Buttercream and a touch of Magenta; use less Magenta in mix when painting abdomen. Paint eye Pure Black. Paint beak and legs with mix of Raw Sienna + tch. of Burnt Umber.
- 2. Add Seamist accent color to areas above and below eye, and on tail wing and feathers; note emphasis on these areas as well as strokes throughout. Add Seamist accent color to breast and abdomen and highlight beak and legs; add highlight dot to eye.
- 1. Apply two varnish coats over entire painted surface.
by Trudy Beard