St. Patrick's Greeting Door Plaque
The luck of the Irish will be yours when you welcome guests this St. Paddy’s Day with a personalized greeting.
- Pre-cut wood signs: arched, 11"x11", rectangle, 11"x4-1/4"
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Buttermilk, Forest Green, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium Green, Holly Green, Leaf Green, Mustard Seed, Pansy Lavender, Plum
- Twine or matching ribbon of choice for hanger
- Royal & Langnickel: Majestic: Angular, Series R4160, 1/8”, 1/4”; Short Liner, Series R4595, #0; Aqualon: Shader, Series R2150, #2, #4, #6, #10; Glaze Wash, Series R2700, 1”
- DecoArt DuraClear Varnish, Matte
- Small eyelet woodscrews, two
- drill and drill bits
- 1. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines onto surfaces. (Transfer detailing as needed.) Base Hauser Lt. Green background on both wood pieces around rectangles. Shade Holly Green along outer edges of wood pieces then add a heavy Forest Green outline.
- 2. Base sections B, C, D, and E Buttermilk. Use Hauser Lt. Green to base section A and outer frames of sections B, C, D, and E. Use Holly Green to paint outer frames of sections B, C, D, and E, then shade outer edges of Buttermilk rectangles; shade again to strengthen. Shade Holly Green around outer edges of section A.
- Four-Leaf Clovers
- 1. Base all clovers and stems Holly Green; shade Hauser Dk. Green along bottom and side edges of each clover leaf and stem. Use handle end of brush to dot centers Hauser Dk. Green.
- Hat and Gloves
- 1. Base hat and gloves Leaf Green; shade each Hauser Dk. Green. Add a wash of Hauser Dk. Green stripes to brim of hat as shown in photo. Base hat ribbon Pansy Lavender; shade Plum. Shade Hauser Dk. Green behind ribbon edges. Base buckle Mustard Seed. Use end of brush handle to add Pansy Lavender dots to gloves.
- Section A
- 1. Use #2 shader and thinned Hauser Med. Green to paint stripes. Base stems and leaves Forest Green and paint petals Pansy Lavender. Use large end of stylus to dot flower centers Hauser Lt. Green. Repeat same for flower, stems, and leaves in Section B.
- 1. Paint all lettering Hauser Dk. Green. Paint recipient's surname onto bottom plaque. Let dry completely.
- 2. Apply several varnish coats over painted surfaces; let dry. Drill holes in bottom corners of top sign and top corners of bottom sign. Insert twine into holes; securely tie into knot to connect wood pieces as shown. Screw eye screws into outer corners on top of sign; insert twine into screws to form hanger.
by Monika Brint