Dog Biscuit Pet Mat
- Sakura of America Koi: Water Colors Field Sketch Box, Water Brush; Black IDenti-Pen
- Watercolor paper
- White copy paper, 11”x17” (tape two sheets together for pattern)
- Laminating machine (or copy center with laminating services)
- Glue stick
scissors, ruler, flat paintbrush, container of water, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. On covered work surface, use water brush to mix water in Brown watercolor paint. Use flat brush to brush long brown strokes on watercolor paper. Let dry.
- 2. Add Brown, White, and Black streaks on watercolor paper. Let dry.
- 3. Print out pattern. Transfer pattern onto white copy paper sheets. Cut out biscuit shape.
- 4. Cut painted watercolor paper into random strips and pieces. Glue cut pieces, collage-style, on biscuit. Overlap and layer pieces as desired. Let dry.
- 5. Trim edges of biscuit shape. Add Brown paint strokes around edges. Let dry.
- 6. Use Black pen to write pet name or animal shelter name on biscuit.
- 7. Take biscuit pet mat to copy center with laminating services. Laminate biscuit mat.
- 1. For more info on the book, Sally Gets a Job, by Stephen Huneck, ISBN: 9780810994935, published by Abrams Books for Young Readers, check out their web site at www.hnabooks.com or visit your local library.
by Judi Kauffman for Sakura of America