Mini Sogo Drum
- Canning jars wide-mouthed lid rims, two
- White balloons, two
- Jumbo craft stick
- Unsharpened pencils, two
- Rubber bands, 15
- Chenille stems: red, yellow
- Yarn: red, blue
- Markers: red, yellow, blue
- Red acrylic paint
- Blue painter’s tape
- Craft glue
- Glue gun and sticks
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Adults, help kids when using glue gun.
- 1. Cut end from each balloon. Stretch each balloon over metal lid rim. Use glue gun to glue craft stick (handle) between lid rims. Glue lid rims back to back, creating drum shape.
- 2. Use blue painter’s space to cover area between two lids.
- 3. Use craft glue to glue red and yellow chenille stems, criss-crossing, around edge of drum. See photo.
- 4. On covered work surface, paint handle red. Let dry. Use markers to draw design on drum sides.
- 5. For drumstick, use blue and red yarn to tie two pencils together. Wrap 15 rubber bands around one end of drumstick.
by Ruth Schiffmann