Han-Ji Paper Dolls
size: 6” tall
- Recycled toilet paper tubes, two 4-1/4” lengths
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: two 2” balls
- Chenille stems, two
- Paper towels
- Acrylic paints: blue, lt. teal, lt. tan, pink, purple, yellow, white, black, lt. green, lt. red
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, container for glue mixture, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Glue plastic-foam ball (head) on top of paper tube (body). Use scissors point to poke hole on each side of body (for arms). Cut chenille stem in half; bend and insert chenille stem inside arm holes.
- 2. On covered work surface, mix two parts glue with one part water in plastic container. Tear paper towels into small strips. Dip strips in mixture; smooth over body, head, and arms, covering all areas. Let dry.
- 3. Print out pattern. Transfer boy and girl designs onto paper dolls.
- 4. For girl, paint: collar yellow, sash white and purple, top lt. blue, and skirt pink. For boy, paint: collar white, sash blue, top green, and pants blue. Let dry. Paint faces lt. tan and hair black. Let dry. Add pink cheeks and red mouth. Let dry.
- 5. Use black marker to outline clothing, dot eyes, and draw details.
by Rebecca Spohn