size: 8" tall
- Pink facial tissues (one for each flower)
- Green chenille stem
- Green felt, scraps
- Terra cotta pot, 4”
- Green basket grass or shredded paper
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 2” ball
- Heart-print ribbon, 12” length
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lemon Yellow, Peony Pink
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Open facial tissue and fold in half. Accordion-fold tissue into 1” sections. Wrap green chenille stem around folded tissue center; twist ends to secure.
- 2. Gently tear narrow strips from tissue along long ends. Separate all four layers of tissue, pulling towards center.
- 3. Print out pattern. Twist stem ends around leaf centers.
- 4. On covered work surface, paint clay pot rim Lemon Yellow and pot base Peony Pink. Let dry. Measure and cut 12” ribbon length; glue ribbon around pot.
- 5. Glue plastic-foam ball inside pot. Insert flower stems into ball. Glue basket grass or shredded paper around stems.
by Linda Valentino