Valentine Sweetheart Centerpiece
- Construction paper: red, yellow, black, white
- White tissue paper
- Plastic foam items: 4” cone, 1-1/2” ball
- Paper cup
- Clear vellum
- Red chenille stems
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Optional: computer and printer
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, toothpick, clothespins
- 1. For skirt, measure and cut 8”-wide tissue paper strips. Use decorative-edge scissors to scallop one long edge of papers. Stack tissue paper strips together; wrap chenille stem around top. Fold tissue sections down over chenille stem.
- 2. Glue skirt around cone. Let dry.
- 3. For bodice, bend two chenille stems together, creating cross shape. Insert ends into cone top. Measure and cut two 3” red paper hearts. Glue hearts on front and back of chenille stem ends. Use clothespins to hold in place until dry.
- 4. For head, insert foam ball into top of chenille stem ends on cone. For eyelashes, measure and cut two 1/2” black paper squares; fringe ends. Curl eyelashes upward.
- 5. For hair, measure and cut two 1” yellow paper squares. Fringe ends and curl hair upward. Cut tiny red heart (mouth). Glue mouth on face. For bonnet, measure and cut three 1/2” red paper hearts; glue hearts together and onto head.
- 6. For nut cup, cut top from paper cup. Measure and cut red paper strip; trim with decorative-edge scissors. Glue strip around cup. For handle, glue chenille stem ends on each side of cup. Cut six red paper hearts; glue around edges of cup.
- 7. For place card, measure and cut 3” red paper square; fold in half (so it stands). Cut 3” vellum square. Glue vellum on place card. Measure and cut five red paper hearts; stack together and fold in half. Glue hearts on side of place card.
- 8. Use computer and printer to print name or use black marker to write name on white paper. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim around name. Glue name on place card.
by Pattie Donham for iLovetoCreate/Duncan Enterprises Co.