Lucky Clover Necklace
Wear your luck around your neck! Kids, create this fun clover necklace to show your Irish spirit this St. Patrick's Day.
- Polyform Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay: Emerald Green
- Green satin cording, 24” length
- Large jump ring
- Clear crystal gem (optional)
scissors, ruler, toothpick, plastic knife
- Heart cookie cutter, 1/2
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. Roll Emerald Clay into 1/4”-thickness. Use heart cookie cutter to cut out four hearts (clover) or use plastic knife to cut four heart shapes from clay. For stem, use plastic knife to cut tiny triangle.
- 3. Position four hearts and stem on parchment-lined baking sheet. Smooth edges. Flip clover over; smooth edges together. Use toothpick to poke hole on top of clover (for jump ring). Add details lines on clover. If desired, press crystal gem in center.
- 4. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake clover in oven. Let cool completely.
- 5. Use pliers to open jump ring. Insert jump ring through hole on clover; squeeze ring closed.
- 6. Measure and cut 24” length of green cording. Insert cording through hole on jump ring; knot ends together.
by Phoebe Doehring for Polyform Products