Shamrock Crown Hair Band
- Glitter craft foam: gold, white
- Gold beads, in assorted sizes
- Polyform Sculpey Pluffy Clay: Green
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Fashion Art Metallic Glitter Set: Green Glitter
- Shamrock cutter cutter
- Elastic cording
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, toothpick, stapler and staples
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2. Roll Green clay and Green Glitter clay together. Roll clay into 1/4”-thickness. Use shamrock cookie cutter to cut out three shamrock shapes. Position shamrocks on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake shamrocks in oven. Let cool.
- 3. Measure and cut 2-1/2”x12” gold glitter craft foam strip and 1”x12” white glitter craft foam strip. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim edges. Glue white foam strip on center of green foam strip.
- 4. Glue clay shamrocks on center of white foam strip. Glue gold beads between shamrocks. Let dry.
- 5. Place hair band around kid’s head. Measure and cut elastic cording length 1” smaller than needed. Use stapler and staples to staple elastic cording on ends of hair band.
by Sandy Rollinger