Robbi the Robot
size: 3' tall
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: four 6” cones, one 3” disc, two 2” balls, two 3” balls, one 5” ball
- Recycled cardboard shoebox
- White construction paper
- Red duct tape
- Red glitter chenille stems, six
- Red heart rhinestones or stickers
- Red marker
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
scissors, ruler, black marker, plastic knife
- 1. Adults, help kids when using glue gun.
- 1. Glue lid onto box (body). Measure and cut white paper rectangles same-size as body sides. Glue rectangles on body.
- 2. Measure and cut mail slot opening on top center of box. See photo.
- 3. Use ruler and black marker to outline display screen below mail slot. Use red and black markers to write “Valentines Charge Me Up” on display screen.
- 4. Draw half-circle below display screen for battery meter. Use red duct tape to divide sections of battery meter. Glue heart rhinestones or press heart stickers onto battery meter. Use marker to write “Low” and “High” on either side of battery meter.
- 5. For head, gently flatten side of 5” ball. Glue ball (head) onto disc (neck). For bolts, cut 2” pieces off of end of cones. Glue cones on side of head.
- 6. For arms, gently flatten one side of two 6” cones. Apply red duct tape to all areas of arms. For hands, cut small triangle piece from 2” balls. Glue hands on ends of arms.
- 7. For legs, gently flatten top of remaining 6” cones. Apply red duct tape to all areas of legs. For feet, cut small circular area (same-size as bottom of legs) from 3” balls. Glue legs onto top of feet.
- 8. Glue arms and legs onto sides of body. Glue neck onto top of body.
- 9. For face, bend chenille stem into mouth. For eyes, cut chenille stem in half; bend halves into circles. For antenna, accordion-fold two chenille stems and bend remaining two chenille stems together, creating heart shape. Glue folded chenille stems and heart shape on top of head.
- 10. Glue eyes and mouth on front of head. Glue rhinestone hearts on center of eyes.
by Dondi Richardson for The Dow Chemical Co.