Tyler the Toaster
- Recycled cardboard shoebox
- Pink rectangle eraser
- Recycled Pringles can lids, two
- Recycled soda bottle caps, two
- Silver spray paint (or acrylic paint)
- Acrylic paints: black, white
- Construction paper: black, brown, red
- Manila file folder
- Heavy-duty craft glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Adults, help kids if using silver spray paint.
- 2. On covered work surface, spray or paint shoebox silver. Let dry.
- 3. Paint can lids (eyes) white and bottle caps (eyeballs) and eraser (toaster depressor) black. Let dry.
- 4. Print out pattern. Cut toaster slot on top of box (for mailbox opening).
- 5. Glue depressor track and depressor on side of toaster.
- 6. Glue eyes, eyeballs, and mouth on toaster. Let dry.
- 7. Glue crust on bread and bread on top of toaster. Let dry.
by Ruth Schiffmann