Lucas the Lion
- Recycled plastic gallon milk jug
- Craft foam: red, tan, black, brown, white
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Cocoa, Cashmere, Spice Pink; Star Lite Topcoat
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Red rhinestone hearts, six
- Red/white striped ribbon, 12" length
- Brown paper shred, small amount
- Aleene’s Super Thick Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker, sponge scrap, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Cut top from spout to handle of milk jug, creating opening for mailbox.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint jug (face) Cocoa. Let dry. Paint 1-1/2”-wide strip down center of face Cashmere Beige. Let dry. Paint two circles (cheeks) Spice Pink. Let dry.
- 3. Measure and cut two 2” tan craft foam circles (muzzle) and two 2” brown craft foam circles (ears). Paint inside of ears Cocoa. Let dry.
- 4. Measure and cut 1-1/2” tan craft foam oval (chin), 1” red craft foam oval (tongue), and 1” black craft foam circle (eyelashes). Fringe edges of eyelash circle; cut circle in half. Measure and cut 2” black craft foam triangle (nose) and 3” red craft foam heart.
- 5. Use sponge scrap to apply Star Lite Topcoat onto all outside areas of face. Let dry.
- 6. Use black marker to draw fur lines on painted areas on face. Draw lines on muzzle, chin, and ears. Write name on red heart.
- 7. Glue chin and tongue on face. Glue muzzle, nose, ears, wiggle eyes, and eyelashes on face. Cut 1/2” white craft foam triangles (teeth). Glue teeth below muzzle. Glue three red rhinestone hearts on muzzle.
- 8. Glue brown paper shred (mane) on head. Tie ribbon bow; glue red name heart on bow. Glue bow on mane. Let dry.
by Sandy Rollinger