size: 9" tall
- Recycled cereal box, 7-3/4”x9”
- Yellow craft foam, 9”x12”
- Craft foam, scraps: brown, hot pink
- Construction paper: yellow, white, brown
- Pink colored pencil
- Black alphabet letter stickers
- Gold ribbon, in two different patterns
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, black marker
- 1. Cut top tabs from cereal box. Measure and cut brown construction paper rectangles same-size as box sides. Glue brown rectangles on box.
- 2. Print out pattern. Glue beehive onto front of box.
- 3. Glue gold ribbon across beehive, alternating patterns. Let dry.
- 4. Glue beehive hole onto bottom of beehive. Let dry.
- 5. Press alphabet stickers to spell “BEE MY VALENTINE” along bottom of beehive.
- 6. Glue bees, wings, and heart onto beehive. Let dry.
- 7. Use black marker to draw stripes on bees. Use pink colored pencil to color cheeks on bees.
by Rebecca Spohn