Helena the Hippo
size: 10" tall
- Recycled plastic gallon milk jug
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Baby Blue, Snow White, Carousel Pink
- Blue cardstock or construction paper, 12” square
- White cardstock or construction paper, two 1”x2” strips
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, sponge scrap, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Cut top from milk jug, creating wide opening for mailbox.
- 2. On covered work surface, use sponge scrap to sponge paint milk jug Baby Blue. Let dry. Sponge paint milk jug Snow White. Let dry.
- 3. Print out pattern.
- 4. Use paintbrush to paint hearts inside of ears and nostrils Carousel Pink. Let dry. Use black marker to outline hearts.
- 5. Glue teeth on back of mouth. Glue eyes, mouth, and teeth on head. Glue head on jug.
by Meggan Maravich