Chickadee Harvest CD Art
size: 4-3/4" across
- Compact disc
- Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific); Suede Brown Dark (Prism Papers)
- Coordinating double-sided papers, two sheets
- Mini tag, 1-1/4"x2-1/4"
- Brown buttons, three
- Pumpkin Pie Oregon Raindrops (Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts)
- Fibers: brown embroidery floss; linen thread; recycled twine
- You Will Find Refuge stamp set, chickadee (Our Daily Bread Designs)
- Ink pads: Memento Tuxedo Black dye (Tsukineko); clear Emboss (Tsukineko); Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade
- Clear embossing powder
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Die-cutting/embossing system and dies (Spellbinders): Nestabilities Classic Ovals LG, Labels 3, Labels 9; Shapeabilities Lattice Pendants.
- Foam tools: paintbrush; dauber
- Heat tool
- Crop-A-Dile tool (We R Memory Keepers)
- Sharp craft knife and cutting mat
- Adhesives: foam dots; clear dots; Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives); Mod Podge (Plaid)
- Optional: Computer and printer or small alphabet stamp set (for tag sentiment)
- 1. Tear several pieces of patterned paper and decoupage to CD front using Mod Podge and foam brush, allowing paper to extend beyond edges. Let dry; trim excess. Use dauber to sponge edges Frayed Burlap. Apply second coat of Mod Podge; let dry.
- 2. Trace CD onto patterned paper, cut out and decoupage to back of CD. Sponge edges brown. Use Crop-A-Dile tool to punch hole at center top of CD; thread hole with twine.
- 3. Die cut large pendant and Labels 9 shapes from patterned paper. Die cut Labels 3 shape from brown cardstock. Sponge all edges brown. Adhere to CD as shown.
- 4. Stamp Tuxedo Black chickadee onto white cardstock; color image with markers. Using direct-to-paper method, apply embossing ink over entire image, sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set until raised and shiny. Designer Tip: This technique makes stamped image colors really pop!
- 5. Carefully cut out chickadee image and adhere to CD. Adhere Oregon Raindrops with paper glue; let dry.
- 6. Thread buttons with linen thread; adhere to CD with glue dots.
- 7. Using photo as guide, print or stamp "Harvest Blessings" onto white cardstock. Die cut sentiment into 1-1/4"x1-3/4" oval. Leaving oval in place beneath edge of die, sponge center with all three Distress Inks. Remove die and sponge oval edges brown.
- 8. Punch hole in mini tag, sponge edges brown. Use needle to pierce border around tag edges; sew running stitch with brown floss. Adhere oval sentiment. Knot twine at front of tag hole; adhere to CD with foam dots, letting twine ends trail off to right.
by Dawn Lusk