Ginny the Giraffe
- Recycled square tissue box
- Cardstock or construction paper: yellow, orange, pink, white, red
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Canyon Orange; Dazzling Metallics: Worn Penny
- Brown paper shred, small amount
- Gold glitter chenille stems, two
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Red marker
- Aleene’s Super Thick Glue
scissors, ruler, sponge scrap, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. On covered work surface, use sponge scrap to sponge paint top of box Canyon Orange. Let dry. Measure and cut orange paper rectangles same-size as box sides. Glue orange rectangles on box sides.
- 2. Print out pattern. Cut four 1” pink paper hearts and two 3” large red hearts. Trace around wiggle eyes onto white paper; cut out.
- 3. Cut oval shape from sponge. Sponge paint spots on box sides, outer ears, and head Worn Penny. Let dry. Use black marker to outline spots.
- 4. Use black marker to outline muzzle and inner ears. Use red marker to draw smile on muzzle. Glue pink hearts on smile corner and above smile (for nostrils). Glue wiggle eyes on white paper eyes.
- 5. Glue large hearts on ends of chenille stems (horns). Curl horns and glue on top of box. Glue small amount brown shredded paper (hair) between horns.
- 6. Glue inner ears on outer ears. Glue ears, muzzle, and eyes on head. Use black marker to draw eyebrows. Glue head on front of box.
by Sandy Rollinger