I Love Java Travel Mugs
- Oh Four Bisque: Travel Mug 1
- Concepts Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica: Black, Neon Red
- Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze
- Signature Brushes: No. 6 Round, No 6. Fan Glaze
- Clear adhesive-backed contact paper
scissors, ruler, sponge scrap, aluminum foil, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Remove lid from mug. Use damp sponge to wipe inside and outside of mug.
- 2. Print out pattern. To create stencil, cut out inside of pattern and around pattern design, leaving 1” border. Remove backing from stencil.
- 3. For “I heart U” mug, position heart stencil on top area of mug. Paint heart Neon Red. Transfer “I (heart) U” onto mug. Paint design Black and heart Neon Red. Let dry. For “I (heart) JAVA” mug, pour paint color on aluminum foil. Press thumb into Light Jade and press on mug, creating heart shape. Transfer “I Heart Java” onto mug. Paint “I” and “JAVA” Light Heather. Let dry.
- 4. Apply clear glaze over all areas of mug. Let dry.
- 5. Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
by Suzie Shinseki for iLoveToCreate/Duncan Enterprises Co.