Swirled Clay Heart Ribbon Bow
- Staedtler Fimo Soft Oven-Bake Clay: White
- Staedtler Fimo Effect Oven-Bake Clay: Red
- Red/white polka dot ribbon: 24” length
- Metal hairclip
- Cotton string, 6” length
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Hot glue gun and sticks (or heavy-duty craft glue)
scissors, ruler, toothpick
- 1. Adults, helps kids when baking clay in oven and using glue gun.
- 1. Measure and cut two 9” red/white polka dot ribbon lengths. Position ribbon lengths on top of one another; fold ribbon looping ends. Spot glue loops. Position looped ribbon lengths on remaining 6” ribbon length. Use cotton string to tie ribbon length together at center. Trim ends.
- 2. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. Roll Red and White clay into thin sheet. Mix clay and roll again, creating swirled look. Roll swirled clay into 1/4”-thick sheet.
- 3. Use toothpick to cut 2” heart shape from swirled clay sheet. Smooth edges. Position heart on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake clay heart in oven. Let cool.
- 4. Glue ribbon bow on metal hairclip. Glue heart on center of bow.
by Keri Lee Sereika