Teacher's Flower & Pen Gift
- For each:
- Terra cotta pot, 2”
- Silk flowers, in colors of choice
- Ballpoint pen
- Green floral tape
- Floral foam (to fit inside pot)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium Green, Burnt Orange, Canyon Orange, Snow White
- Assorted buttons and rhinestones
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Remove plastic stem and center from flowers. Separate petal layers, creating layered color combinations. Spot glue between layers. Reinsert stem through flower center; trim stem to 2”. (Create two flowers for each gift.)
- 2. Glue large button or rhinestone onto center of flowers.
- 3. For pen, position stem at top end of pen. Use floral tape to wrap around stem and pen, securing flower at top. Spot glue ends.
- 4. On covered work surface, paint pot Snow White or Hauser Light Green. Use paintbrush handle to dot rim Burnt Orange and Hauser Light Green or Canyon Orange and Snow White. Let dry.
- 5. Print out pattern. Transfer flower onto side of pot. Paint heart Canyon Orange and flower Snow White. Let dry. Use Burnt Orange and Hauser Medium Green to add shading. Let dry.
- 6. Glue rhinestone gem onto center of painted flower on pot. Let dry.
- 7. Insert floral foam into pot. Glue small amount Spanish moss on foam. Insert flower into center of pot. Insert flower pen into center of pot.
by Meggan Maravich