Mexican Skull Pillow
size: 18” square
- White pillow cover and pillow form
- Black lace trim
paper, pencil, scissors, freezer paper, iron
- Tulip Round Fabric Paintbrushes
- Tulip Slick Black 3-D Fashion Paint
- Tulip Soft Fabric Paint: Turquoise, Lime, Sunshine Yellow, Mandarin, Azalea, Grape
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape
- 1. Iron freezer paper onto inside front of pillow to create stable painting surface.
- 2. Print out pattern onto white paper.
- 3. Apply thin line of Black 3D fabric paint, following pattern on white paper. See Photo 1. (see photos)
- 4. Lay paper painted side down on center of pillow cover, pressing lightly. Carefully remove paper from pillow. Let dry. See Photo 2. (see photos)
- 5. Use paintbrushes and soft fabric paints to accent skull design as desired. Let dry.
- 6. Cut strips of Peel & Stick Tape to fit edges of pillow. Cut pieces of lace to match length of edges of pillow. Apply black lace trim around edges of pillow. See Photo 3. (see photos)
- 7. Insert pillow form into pillow cover.
- 1. Apply the thinnest line possible of 3D paint to paper to avoid distorting design. Pressing too hard on the paper when applying design to pillow cover will cause 3-D paint to blur out excessively.
by Allee Marderosian and Lauri Eaton for iLoveToCreate