Christmas Earrings & Pin
size: 3" long
- AMACO Cloud Clay in colors of choice
- Earring wires
- Tie tacks
- Silver findings: bead pins, jump rings, seed beads, spacers or bead caps, thin chain, beading wire, crimp beads
- Plastic sealable bags and photo paper, 4”x6”
- Jewelry pliers
- Wire cutters
- Long blunt-tip needle
- Hole punch
- 1. Remove clay from package and knead in hands until soft and pliable. Break off small pieces of clay and roll firmly to create sphere. Let dry on soft fabric. Make variety of beads in colors of choice.
- 2. For Christmas tree earrings, roll various size spheres of green clay and press to make flat circular beads. (Note: You will need two sets of three different-size beads for each set of earrings.) Pinch tiny pieces of white clay, roll into balls and press on sides of tree. Open bead pin and thread on three decorated flat beads and one sphere. Screw top on and hang from earring wire. Repeat for other earring.
- 3. For beaded dangles, thread seed bead and spacer onto beading wire and set with crimp bead. Add five beads in alternating colors and crimp bead. Thread beading wire back through crimp bead and first bead to create loop. Crimp the crimp bead and trim excess beading wire. Attach finished drop to earring wire. Repeat for other earring.
- 4. To make chain earrings, thread small piece of beading wire through bead, through length of chain, and back through bead. Hold loose ends in place with crimp bead. Cut chain to 1-1/2” length. Make three chain drops per earring by cutting chain to variety of lengths. Hang chains from jump ring attached to earring wire. Repeat for other earring.
- 5. To make pin, thread seed bead and spacer onto beading wire and set with crimp bead. Add six beads in alternating colors, three seed beads, and one crimp bead. Thread beading wire back through crimp bead to make loop and secure by crimping crimp bead. Make a total of three lengths of beads. Attach lengths onto loop on tie tack with jump ring.
- 6. To assemble items for fundraiser, design and print decorative inserts for 4”x6” plastic bag. Punch one or two holes in insert; hang earrings or tie tack from holes. Package insert in plastic bag.
by Helen Bradley for Amaco