Frosty the Clay Snowman
- Polyform Sculpey Clay: White, Black, Turquoise, Orange, Red Hot Red, Leaf Green
- Cording or wire
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable.
- 2. Following step-out photo, roll 1-1/8” White ball (face) and flatten; roll 1/4” White ball (mouth); one 7/8” and one 1” Black balls (hat brim and hat); one 7/8” Turquoise ball (hat band). Roll two tiny Black balls (eyes), one small Just Orange triangle cone (nose), five tiny Red Hot Red balls (tongue and berries), and two flat Leaf Green teardrops (leaves).
- 3. Flatten and form hat brim around base of hat. For scarf, roll 1” Turquoise clay ball and flatten. Form flattened Turquoise clay into scarf shape.
- 4. Use toothpick to add veins to leaves and lines on carrot. Press and form mouth on face and add tongue, nose, and eyes. Position head on wrapped scarf and use toothpick to add fringe lines, details on nose, and indent on tongue. Press hat on top of head. Wrap hat band around hat and press berries and leaves on hat band.
- 5. Adults, help kids when baking ornament in oven. Position snowman on parchment-lined baking sheet and follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake in oven. Let cool completely. Add cording or wire to hat top for hanger.
by Britta Lautenschlager for Polyform Products