Merry Clay Pot Ornament
- Clay pots: 1/2”, 1”, 2”
- Pom-poms: 1/2” white (hats), 1/4” red (nose), 1/8” brown (nose)
- Felt: orange, tan, white
- Gold cord, 10” length
- Red cord
- Brown wire, 4” length
- Buttons: red, green
scissors, ruler, pencil, black marker, sponge scrap, paper plate for palette, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Blue Chiffon, Lamp Black, Raw Sienna, Sapphire, Toffee, True Red, White Wash
- Red chalk
- Pinking shears
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut bear and reindeer ears from felt and bodies from paper.
- 2. Glue 1” clay pot (head) onto 2” clay pot (body). Transfer body pattern on penguin and tummy pattern on reindeer and bear.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint as follows: reindeer: Raw Sienna (body), Toffee (tummy); bear: White Wash (body), Blue Chiffon (tummy); snowman: White Wash (body); penguin Lamp Black (body), White Wash (tummy and face). Paint 1/2” pots (hats) True Red, Sapphire, or Lamp Black; let dry. Paint small white stars on Sapphire hat.
- 4. Glue white pom-poms onto blue and red hats. Glue red cord around black hat. Knot gold cord and glue on head. Glue hat over cord. On reindeer, push cord knot into hole on top of head and push folded brown wire length (antlers) into hole.
- 5. Dip paintbrush handle into Lamp Black and dot two eyes on face and five dots for snowman smile. Glue orange felt beak on penguin, red pom-pom nose and ears on reindeer, and brown pom-pom nose and ears on bear. Draw smiles on bear and reindeer with black marker. Use chalk applicator to rub on red cheeks.
- 6. Wrap ribbon between head and body and knot. Trim ribbon with pinking shears. Glue two buttons onto center of snowman body.
by Linda Valentino