ATCS - Beyond Trading: Vintage Wooden Box & ATC
size: ATC, 2-1/2"x3-1/2"; box, 11-3/4"x7-7/8"x1-7/8"
- Black wooden box with hinged glass door
- Ranger Inkssentials Surfaces: White Gloss Artist Trading Cards (ATCs), White Glossy Paper
- Offray Red Mini Dot Satin Ribbon, 1/8”-wide
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, 1/16” and 1/8” hole punches
- Oxford Impressions Stamp Sets: Sleigh Bells, Winter Snow, Season of Giving, St. Nicholas
- Ranger Jet Black Archival Dye Ink Pad
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Line: Pitch Black Alcohol Ink, Silver and Pearl Metallic Mixatives, Blending Solution
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads: Antique Linen, Barn Door, Pine Needle, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Tumbled Glass, Crushed Olive, Rusty Hinge, Frayed Burlap, Faded Jeans, Pumice Stone, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar
- Ranger Adirondack Pitch Black Acrylic Paint Dabber
- Ranger Inkssentials Cut ‘n Dry Nibs, Foam Pad, Glossy Accents
- Foam adhesive squares
- 1. Measure and cut one gloss paper piece or ATC to fit each box opening.
- 2. Using photos as a guide, stamp Jet Black holly images onto backgrounds for center section. Stamp JOY, sled, three bells, bear, and calendar onto paper scraps.
- 3. Stamp desired scenes onto four largest panels, masking images as needed.
- 4. Use foam pads or nibs to apply Distress Inks to images. Apply Antique Linen to backgrounds; edge large panels Barn Red. Color holly berries and leaves with Barn Door and Pine Needle inks. Apply Antique Linen to skin; blend in Tattered Rose. Apply Worn Lipstick to cheeks. Apply alcohol inks to bells.
- 5. Detail cut images stamped in Step 2. Punch tiny holes at tops and bottoms of bells; insert ribbons. Adhere images to backgrounds with foam tape.
- 6. Place stamped art inside box. If desired, back panels with folded cardstock “boxes” to build dimension.
- 1. Follow box instructions to stamp and color images on a glossy ATC.
- 2. Color image, applying Barn Door and Tumbled Glass inks to Santa’s coat and girl’s overalls, respectively.
- 3. Stamp holly and “25” onto scraps of gloss paper; color and detail cut images. Adhere to card with Glossy Accents; let dry.
by Lynn Roberts