- "Altoids"-style hinged silver tin*
- Pure Luxury White layering-weight cardstock*
- Sea glass
- White tea light candle
- Stamp sets*: What's In Your Tin? 1 and 2; Hope is Faith; Comfort & Peace; Vintage Backgrounds
- Ink pads: Memento Tuxedo Black dye (Tsukineko); Vivid! Butterscotch (Clearsnap); Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
- COPIC markers (Imagination Int’l): Warm Gray (W3); Cadmium Red (R27); Honey (Y38); Orange (YR68); Yellowish Skin Pink (YR61)
- Scor-Pal scoring board (Scor-Pal)
- Sponge daubers
- Large corner rounder punch (Stampin' Up!)
- Small magnetic snap (BasicGrey)
- 1. Use black dye ink unless otherwise noted.
- 1. Stamp eight label borders onto white cardstock. Stamp Antique Linen verse background across all labels; randomly sponge same ink onto labels for smoky effect. Lightly sponge on Butterscotch. Color label borders with markers.
- 2. Stamp "Hope" onto lid cover label and entire sentiment onto inside lid label. Stamp remaining sentiments on next five labels. Stamp "to/from" onto outer bottom label.
- 3. Stamp images around sentiments and color with markers; outline undersides Warm Gray to create shadow. Trim labels along outside border.
- 4. Stamp butterfly onto white cardstock, color and cut out. Bend wings on each side of body for added dimension. Glue magnet snap to bottom of body.
- 5. Cut 3"x10-5/8" white cardstock strip; score and fold every 2-1/8" to create five-panel accordion book. Round corners.
- 6. Center and adhere labels to surfaces as shown. Place tea light, sea glass and book in tin, and butterfly on lid.
by Melanie Muenchinger