Bright Season Shadow Box
- Michaels Art Minds Wooden Shadow Box, 7-1/2”x7”
- White foam core board
- Recycled cereal box
- Small wooden craft stick
- Cream cardstock
- Oxford Impressions Glossy White Paper
- Darice Styro Granulated Christmas Snow, 6 oz. Bag
detail scissors, craft knife and cutting mat, metal ruler, pencil, newspapers, paintbrush, foam brush, cosmetic sponge
- Oxford Impressions Sleigh Bells Stamp Set
- Die-cutting system and Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Branch Tree Bigz Die
- Ranger Ink Pads: Adirondack Brights Sailboat Blue, Archival in Jet Black and Sepia
- Artist blending chalks
- Acrylic Paints: Ranger Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Crackle, DecoArt Americana Titanium (Snow) White, Liquitex Basics Light Blue
- White gesso
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: Sky (B24), Sepia (E37), Cadmium Yellow (Y15), Cool Gray (C9), Manganese Blue (B34), Spectrum Green (G02)
- Lyra Rembrandt Medium Gray Pencil
- Ranger Star Dust Stickles Glitter Glue
- Darice Twinklets Diamond Dust Glitter
- Adhesives: API’s Crafters Pick The Ultimate! Glue, Therm O Web Zots 3-D Clear Dots
- 1. Remove back from shadow box. Paint front white and light blue; let dry. Paint several white clouds over top third of background; let dry.
- 2. Use pencil to shade around clouds; finger-blend shading. Stamp blue snowflakes over background; accent with glitter glue and let dry.
- 3. Paint frame with gesso; let dry. Paint again with crackle paint; let dry. Sponge over crackle here and there with Sepia ink.
- 4. Cut three 7”x2” strips from foam core board using craft knife, cutting mat, and metal ruler. Cut two 6”x1/2” strips; set aside.
- 5. Using photo as a guide, trace snow bank shapes along top edges of larger pieces; trim with craft knife. Sponge top edges with blue ink; adhere glitter to edges and let dry.
- 6. Die cut three trees from recycled cereal box. Sponge edges Sepia and Jet Black.
- 7. Adhere thinner foam core strips to base of two smallest snow banks, along back.
- 8. Cut one tree into a small branch; adhere to back of largest snow bank. Mount remaining trees behind and in front of snow banks. Edge trees with glitter glue. While wet, sprinkle with Diamond Dust glitter; shake off excess and let dry.
- 9. Glue foam core pieces to shadow box background.
- 10. Stamp Jet Black boys image onto glossy paper. Color image with markers and chalks, using photo as a guide. Detail cut image and glue to a wooden craft stick that has been cut in half. Adhere stick between second and third foam piece; let dry.
- 11. Run a bead of glue over tops of snow banks and around base of foreground tree. Sprinkle glue with faux snow; let dry.
- 12. Cut a 5”x1” cream cardstock strip. Stamp black sentiment. To make banner shape, score ends and fold backward. Score again 1/8” from first line and fold forward again. Cut ends in a “v” and sponge edges of entire banner blue. Adhere to base of front snow bank with 3-D dots. Insert panel into shadow box.
- 1. Foam core board makes an ideal layering surface for shadow boxes and other collage work.
by Debbie Kaste