Winter Motifs Card Set
sizes: box, 5-3/16"x3-3/4"x1"; cards, 5"x3-1/2"
- ClearBags Clear Box
- Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper Natural; PaperTrey Ink Kraft and Aqua
- Karen Foster Design Christmas Collection Ornate Christmas Paper
- Karen Foster Design Christmas Time THIN-ments Decorative Brad
- American Crafts Sandy Beach Collection Beige Twill Ribbon
- Natural envelopes, 5-1/8”x3-5/8” (A1 size)
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool, craft tweezers
- Punches: 1-1/2” circle, 1/8” hole
- Karen Foster Design Christmas Clear Stamp Set
- EK Tools BrusH2O Waterbrush
- Scoring board
- Die-cutting system and dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts Nestabilities Classic Ovals, PaperTrey Ink Mat Stack 2
- Tsukineko VersaMark Ink Pad
- Ranger Gold Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder
- Lyra Aquacolor Water-Soluble Wax Crayons: Pale Pink, Sky Blue, Brown
- Therm O Web Adhesives: SuperStik Permanent Glue Stick, Sticky Tape Runner
- 1. Make three kraft and three aqua top-fold cards. Cut six 5”x1-3/4” paper strips. Cut six kraft and six aqua cardstock strips, 5”x1/4”. Adhere cardstock strips to top back edges of paper strips; adhere panels to opposite-color cards.
- 2. Stamp six images onto natural cardstock; heat emboss with gold powder. Use waterbrush to color images with watercolor crayons.
- 3. Die cut images into ovals; mat on larger ovals, three kraft and three aqua, using glue stick. Adhere ovals to opposite-color cards.
- 4. Line envelopes with paper cut 1/4” smaller than envelopes. Score liner along envelope fold; place adhesive only along top edge to prevent wrinkling.
- 1. Cut a 1-1/2”-wide paper strip to fit around box; mat on kraft cardstock. Score and fold band around box, adhering ends at back. Band should be snug, but slide off easily.
- 2. Press front of brad into watermark ink, then heat emboss with gold powder. Hold back of brad with tweezers while heating; let cool.
- 3. Die cut aqua mat and punch natural circle. Adhere layers and insert brad. Punch hole on each end; thread with twill. Adhere label to band, adhering twill ends at back.
by Alice Golden