Christmas Spirit Recipe Set
sizes: binder, 6-1/2"x6-1/4"x2"; clipboard, 6"x9"
- Small photo album binder
- White cardstock
- Favorite recipes
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, paintbrush, 1/4” hole punch, fine-grit sandpaper
- Stamps: Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Creative Layers Dwelling and Doodles Clear Stamp Sets, Hampton Art Christmas Spirit Sentiment
- Ranger Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso and Paints: Dash of Red, Charcoal Black
- Ranger Tim Holtz Barn Door Distress Ink Pad
- Computer and printer
- Optional: Laminator
- 1. If surfaces are slick, lightly sand album cover and clipboard. Apply gesso to both surfaces; let dry. Paint surfaces Dash of Red; let dry.
- 2. Using black paint, stamp houses onto clipboard. Stamp houses, border, and sentiment onto front, spine, and back of album cover. Let dry.
- 3. To add dimension, apply more paint to houses with brush. Add a dab of black paint to red to deepen color; add gesso to lighten color.
- 4. Print recipes onto white cardstock; trim to fit binder and punch holes. If using album sleeves, trim cardstock to 4-5/8”x6” or size needed.
- 5. Stamp Barn Door images onto recipe pages. If desired, laminate pages and re-punch holes.
- 6. To create recipe dividers, trace same-size page onto white cardstock, adding tab to edge. Cut out page and decorate in same way as recipe pages.
- 1. Use the stamps with fabric paint to create matching tea towels and an apron.
by Lynn Roberts