Birdhouse Bell Ornaments
- Papier-mâché birdhouses
- Wicker White paint (Plaid)
- Patterned papers: Lilo (Basic Grey); Snow Tips (Webster’s Pages)
- Birds (Woodland Wonders)
- Jingle bell, jumbo (Treehouse Studio)
- Blue/Brown ribbon
- Ivory tulle
- Holographic Whispey Silver Garland
newspaper (to cover work surface), scissors
- Needle tool
- Gloss Mod Podge
- 1. Paint papier-mâché birdhouses Wicker White (Plaid). Let dry.
- 2. Cut Lilo (Basic Grey) and Snow Tips (Webster’s Pages) patterned papers to fit front, sides and backs of birdhouses. Use Gloss Mod Podge to adhere papers to birdhouses. Apply a thin layer of Gloss Mod Podge to roofs; sprinkle with glitter and let dry.
- 3. Use needle tool or sharp object to poke holes in top and bottom of birdhouse. Thread jumbo jingle bell (Treehouse Studio) onto blue/brown ribbon, leaving one end of ribbon longer than other. Insert both ribbon ends up through birdhouse holes. Loop longer ribbon end over shorter end. Tie ends together using ivory tulle.
- 4. Glue birds (Woodland Wonders) to birdhouse openings. Tie Holographic Whispey Silver Garland and adhere under birds.
by Kathleen Paneitz