Greenery Jar Ornaments
- Recycled baby food jar with lid
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam scraps (Dow)
- Reindeer moss
- Assorted Christmas greenery: berry stems (for inside jar); wired tiny pinecone garland (for lid)
- Ribbon, 3/8”-wide: gingham; sentiment
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Reindeer Moss Green; Antique White; Dark Chocolate
- Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
- Kraft cardstock
newspaper (to cover work surface), scissors
- Christmas sentiment or image rubber stamps of choice
- Ink pads: black pigment; brown chalk
- Heavy-duty hole punch
- Sanding block
- Wire cutters
- Aleene’s (iLoveToCreate): Fabric Fusion; Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Paint lid Reindeer Moss Green, Dark Chocolate or Antique White. Apply varnish. Let dry and lightly sand surface to remove some paint for a distressed look.
- 2. Trim stem to approximately 2” to 2-1/2” long to fit inside jar. Insert stem into STYROFOAM scrap. Remove and apply glue to stem end. Reinsert stem into STYROFOAM. Apply glue inside bottom of jar and place STYROFOAM and stem inside jar on glue. Cover STYROFOAM with moss, using pencil or scissors to push moss down into crevices.
- 3. Cut two 8” lengths from ribbon. Glue ribbon on sides of jar by crossing at bottom and gluing end to top of jar. Punch hole in center of lid. Cut 6” length from ribbon and place both ends inside lid and knot to secure. Replace lid, gluing to jar if needed.
- 4. Cut 18” length from greenery garland. Wrap around jar neck several times. Bend end under wrapped portion to secure.
- 5. Print out pattern. Cut tag from kraft cardstock. Ink edges brown. Use black ink to stamp sentiment on tag. Punch hole in top of tag and use 4” length of ribbon to tie to jar.
by Melony Bradley