Cookies Goodie Tray
- Elmer’s Foam Board, one white 20”x30”x1/2”
- The Paper Company/TPC Studio, Christmas Village Collection: 12”x12” papers, two sheets each: Trim the Tree, Home for the Holidays, Candy Cane; Matteboard Stickers and Rub-Ons; Chipboard Stickers and Rub-Ons; four Printed Brads; Brown print ribbon, 1 yd.
- Silver drawer handles, two
- Elmer’s CraftBond Products: All purpose glue stick, Foam mounting tape
- X-ACTO Products: 12” rotary paper trimmer, 6” precision tip scissors, 12”x12” self healing cutting mat, 12” metal ruler, Gripster knife
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Place foam board on cutting mat. Using ruler and knife, measure and cut following pieces: one 10”x13” base; two 3”x12” sides, two 4”x10” sides. (Note: Cover each panel separately, then assemble box; however, wait to cover bottom of box until assembled.)
- 2. With rotary paper trimmer, cut scrapbook paper same-size as foam board: Candy Cane (dot side of paper) for one side of base (bottom will be covered later); Trim the Tree (word side of paper) for one side, of all four sides; and Home for the Holidays (plaid side of paper) for other side, of all four sides. Apply glue stick to each board and attach paper on each side.
- 3. With uncovered side of base down, position all sides around base to ensure snug fit (with words to outside). To attach one 3”x12” side, use glue gun to apply glue to one foam edge of base and connect. Hold until secure. Repeat with other 3”x12” side. Glue foam edges of base to attach two 4”x10” sides. (Note: Also apply glue where sides connect to each other.)
- 4. To cover bottom of box, use rotary paper trimmer to cut 10”x12” Candy Cane rectangle and trim remaining strip to 1”x10”. Use glue stick to cover bottom with paper pieces, butting edge of strip against larger piece. Use scissors to cut two 12” ribbon lengths and use glue stick to attach to foam edges on long sides. Glue 18-1/4” ribbon length (as one continuous length) on foam edges of each short side.
- 5. To attach handles, position handle on one short side and mark placement of screws. Measure and mark on inside and use screwdriver to thread screws into handle. Repeat on other short side. On inside, attach brads to cover screw heads.
- 6. Refer to photo to add embellishments to long side. For dimension, use several layers of foam mounting tape. On left, attach tree with rub-on garland, star, and gifts. On right, attach tags with brad and rub-on message.
for Craft Marketing Connections