Clay Knitting Needles
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Accents: Peacock Pearl, Purple Pearl
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey: Wasabi, Orange (for knitting needles only)
- Bamboo or aluminum knitting needles
- Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine
- Sculpey Super Slicer
- Sculpey Etch ’N Pearl Tool Set
- Cornstarch or talcum powder and applicator
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Eclectic Products E6000 Glue
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition clay.
- 2. Make 24 small and 12 medium Wasabi pearls with Etch ’N Pearl tools. Following manufacturer’s instructions, bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely. With craft knife, remove extra clay from pearl edges. Set aside.
- 3. Make bulls-eye cane beginning with 1”-diameter log of Purple Pearl. Using Clay Conditioning Machine at #1 (thickest) setting, condition Orange and Peacock Pearl sheets. Cover log with even layers of both sheets, taking care not to trap air between layers. Reduce cane to 1” diameter by gently rolling on work surface. Flatten cane slightly and shape into pointed oval. Using Super Slicer, make 12-1/8” slices.
- 4. Make two 1” Wasabi balls. Using Style & Detail Tools, make indentation in each ball. Form balls over knitting needle ends. Place six marquise-shaped cane slices evenly around each ball. Press baked pearls on slices in small-medium-small pattern. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool. If needed, spot glue indentation on ball; reposition on knitting needles. Let dry.
for Polyform Products