- Polyform Sculpey Clay: Pistachio, Ballerina Pink, White, Sunshine Yellow, French Blue, Tan
- Gold string or thread
craft knife, paintbrushes
- Circle cookie cutters: 1/2”, 1-1/2”
- Polyform: Liquid Sculpey; Studio by Sculpey Glossy Glaze
- Acrylic paints, in colors of choice
- Acrylic roller or clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- 1. On clean work surface, condition clay in hands until soft. For each teacup, condition half bar of clay until pliable. Roll 1/4” ball and form ball into “pinch pot” shape, molding circle with indentation in center. For teacup handle, roll skinny 1/4”-thick snake. Bend snake into handle. Apply Liquid Sculpey on ends of handle and press ends onto teacup.
- 2. Roll tiny Tan ball and press inside teacup for tea. For saucer, roll clay to 1/4” thickness. Cut 1/2” (base) and 1-1/2” (saucer) circle shapes using cookie cutters. Press base on bottom of saucer; smooth edges. Apply Liquid Sculpey on saucer and press on bottom of teacup. Repeat process creating additional ornaments.
- 3. Position teacups on parchment-lined baking sheet and follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake in oven. Let cool.
- 4. Use fine-tipped paintbrush and acrylic paints to add polka-dots, flowers, hearts, or other designs on teacups. Let dry.
- 5. Apply Glossy Glaze following manufacturer’s instructions. Let dry. Tie gold thread around teacup handle to hang.
- 1. Cover work surface with wax paper for greater ease when using clay.
by Phoebe Doehring for Polyform Products