Noel, Joy, Peace Birds
- Wooden shapes: 5” oval, 2-1/2” circle, 4” bird, 2-1/2” teardrop
- Pattern-print papers of choice
- Assorted beads of choice
- Findings: 2” head pin, 10mm jump ring, 15mm jump ring,18-gauge silver wire
- Assorted floral greenery and silk flowers
- Adhesive-back rhinestones: red, crystal; crystal brad, flat-backed crystals
scissors, pencil, foam brush, sanding block, paintbrushes
- Round-nose pliers, wire nips, chain-nose pliers
- Rubber stamps in sentiments of choice
- Hand drill
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Antique White, Antique Green, Sage Green, Buttermilk,
- Brown chalk ink
- Black inkpad
- Aleene’s: Original Tacky Glue, Collage Pauge
- 1. Paint wooden bird shape, teardrops, ovals, and circles Sage Green, Buttermilk, Antique Green, or Antique White.
- 2. When dry, trace teardrop and oval shapes on wrong sides of pattern-print paper with pencil. Use scissors to cut out shapes. Use foam brush and decoupage medium to adhere papers onto shapes. Sand edges evenly with sanding block and ink with brown chalk ink.
- 3. Use pigment ink to stamp sentiment on wooden circle. Adhere adhesive-back gems onto sentiments as desired.
- 4. Thread four beads of choice on head pin. Use wire nips to trim top of head pin. Create loop with round-nose pliers. Referring to photo, use hand drill to drill holes on bottom center of oval, top center of circle, bottom center of circle, and on either side at top of oval (for hanger).
- 5. Open 10mm jump ring with chain-nose pliers and insert open end into loop on beaded head pin and close. Insert remaining open end into drilled hole at bottom center of circle and close. Repeat steps for 15mm jump ring, attaching oval to circle.
- 6. Cut 10” silver wire length and insert ends into drilled holes on either side at top of oval. Use round-nose pliers to curl wire and secure ends for hanger.
- 7. Use tacky glue to glue teardrop onto bird and bird onto oval. Glue greenery above bird. For silk flower, insert brad into center and flange. Glue 6mm crystals on birds for eyes.
by Melony Bradley