Gingerbread Gift Set
- Stand Up House Pan (Wilton)
- Light green cardstock
- Camel Felt (Kunin Felt)
- Early Bird Elements “Made with 100% Pure Love” Tag (Cosmo Cricket)
- Green ribbon
- Green rickrack
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- Soft Touch Poly-fil Supreme Fiberfill (Fairfield Processing)
- Martha Stewart Crafts Baker’s Twine (EK Success)
- Cinnamon sticks, two
- Buttons: white, two; red, three
- Jute twine
- Hole punch, 1/4”
- Computer and printer
- 1. Print out pattern. Cut two gingerbread bodies from felt. Sew rickrack to arms and legs of one felt piece, and sew buttons to same piece.
- 2. Place gingerbread bodies together, wrong sides facing, and blanket stitch around edges, leaving an opening for stuffing. Stuff. Stitch opening closed. Tie baker’s twine bow and sew to gingerbread body. For hanger, stitch jute through top of head and knot ends.
- 3. Use computer to print gingerbread recipe on light green cardstock. (Note: Designer used 2 Peas Fiddle Sticks font, which is available at twopeasinabucket.com).
- 4. Punch holes through corner of recipe and printed tag, thread ribbon through holes, top of house pan and jute ornament hanger. Tie bow around cinnamon sticks.
- 5. Add dry ingredients to bag or container of choice and place inside pan.
- 6. Instructions for gingerbread recipe. (see photos)
by Kathleen Paneitz