Glittery Light Bulb Bats
- Recycled light bulb
- Recycled corrugated light bulb sleeve or corrugated cardboard
- Black construction or tissue paper
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Pony beads
- Black cording
scissors, water, mixing bowl, pencil
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Jack O Lantern Orange, Wisteria, Lamp Black
- DecoArt Duraclear Varnish
- Tulip Fashion Glitter: Fine Jewel: Purple, Orange, Black
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- 1. Randomly tear pieces of black tissue or construction paper into 1”-2” pieces. Dilute tacky glue with water using 1:1 ratio. Use foam brush to apply mixture on light bulb. Press black tissue paper squares on light bulb, covering glass area completely.
- 2. Print out patterns. Trace patterns onto corrugated cardboard. Cut out ears and wings.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint wings orange, purple, or black. Paint ears black. While still wet, sprinkle with glitter. When dry, glue wings on light bulb by folding 1/4” section on end and placing glue on folded section. Repeat for ears.
- 4. Use tacky glue to adhere eyes. For hanger, glue pony bead onto top of bulb. Use sponge scrap to apply varnish. Allow to dry. Insert cording into bead; knot ends.
by Melony Bradley